Ebay top Rated and Power Seller

Check me out under Seller ID- Maddyandme

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

J Crew Warehouse Sale - October 2011

Hello everyone and Happy Tuesday to you all. I had some time to blog quickly because I am off and starting another big organizing job tomorrow. It's sunny and 60 out, I'll take it. Just no snow please!!

I headed to Asheville, NC this past weekend, it was so beautiful and nice. The best part? Finding out the J Crew Warehouse Sale was happening while I was in town. I was super excited to experience this. The J Crew warehouse is located in Arden, NC just outside of Asheville. It was only a 15 minute drive from my hotel.

Here's how it looked when I arrived:



Long lines, check out those bad clouds above!
 Note to self and I already  knew this, if you don't want to wait get there earlier. I went with a friend and we just didn't going as quickly as I would've liked that morning. We arrived a little before 9. She eventually went back to the car but encouraged me to stand there and wait. I waited thru sun, sleet and snow. It took over 2 hours for me to get inside. It went fast and I know that sounds crazy but I made friends with the ladies in line with me and we took turns going into the clearance center to warm up and kept each other's place in line. Waiting in line for over 2 hrs for a J Crew sale is true CREW LOVE!!

Which way to go?
Once in, WOW! Is all I can say. In the words of a good friend of mine, I almost hyperventilated. So much J Crew, all around me, Where do I begin? The lady handed me a price list and garbage bag and then I just stood there in awe like a zombie. I had trouble moving ahead! I wasn't sure which way I should go.
  
 I literally ran into this rolling bin where employees were dumping discarded clothing in like it was raining. I was grabbing and looking, throwing aside. I was in a frenzy. So much to look at. But what was I really looking for. The bin was overflowing and I decided to move ahead and check out the other areas. Honestly, since this was my first time I had NO idea where to begin so I just walked, stopped and looked. I saw bridal gowns for $100 (up from previous cost of $50 last year I understand)I saw bridesmaid dresses, bathing suits, Crewcuts items, shoes, hats, bags. I decided to look for some cashmere sweaters and actually found a pink one in size small that worked perfectly. The only thing I found was a sample tag inside. They had Madewell sweaters as well as J Crew so it was fun looking thru the boxes. I've never seen so much J Crew in all my life. The next big sale is over Thanksgiving weekend. I'll be passing on that but would love to go back again in the Spring. Now that I understand how it works it will be a piece of cake. If you go sometime, plan to be there at least 4-5 hours. Even though I didn't go in at first there were still lots of great finds, you just have to look.


Price list

I spent a little over an an hour inside. I would've liked to have spent more time but my friend was waiting and she was extremely patient as I was cutting into our plans that day. I did score a sweater that I've been eyeing for a long time.


Carrie Crochet Sweater ($188) scored for $20 Size Small, LOVE!!
I found it discarded and quickly scooped it up. Here are some other things I scored:


Quorra Sandal ($150) I paid $10!!


$5 Ski Scarf


Factory Snow Gem Tee $5


Cotton Blakely Dress $20

View in rear of Biltmore Estate


The Estate
 It was a great weekend. The Fall foliage was breathtaking, the shopping was fantastic and I can't wait to go back to another Warehouse sale next year!!!

Have a great week!!

XO Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment